All the fics that you will eventually read in this fandom. Not to sound indirectly threatening or anything. Just fact.
If I’ve missed anything, let me know and I’ll update.
Ready, Fire, Aim + its associated sequels/companions
There’s no “I” in “Avenger.”
(I can promise you without hyperbole that this is on every Steve/Tony rec list out there.)
Steve wakes up in the 21st Century. He doesn’t think much of it, and it’s dubious about him. He meets a Norse God, joins a superhero team, and feels terribly awkward about the whole momument at Arlington he’s rendered obsolete by not being dead. Meanwhile, Tony is trying to make his mark on history by being the man who finally drove Nick Fury over the edge.
Tony Stark lives a double life; he’s secretly the supervillain known as Iron Man. But his loving husband Steve has a few secrets of his own, as Tony is about to discover.
"I’m trying to like you, Tony. You’re just making it very hard."
(I avoided this fic for so long because the “Joking references to suicide” warning just sat wrong with me. But I read and I loved it and now I know why it’s everywhere you look when you first try to find some Super Husbands fic.)
Fury’s a beautiful princess. Clint’s plotting a Communist revolution. Rhodey’s not sexy. Wall-E’s not a documentary. Clint’s not gay but he does give a great blowjob. This fic is not an AU.
Steve and Tony accidentally start a national do-gooders association and fall in love.
(ADORABLE ADORABLE ADORABLE ADORABLE.)
The most he’d ever cared about anything remotely related was his uniform, which, beyond the stylistic, was pretty necessary. But now his suit comes from a lab far more advanced than the basement of a Brooklyn antique shop, and the only decision he really gets to make is if his pants are too tight. (They were, but he doesn’t really think they changed them. He doesn’t know why, but he thinks that might have been on purpose.) That being said, he doesn’t know what he’s done to deserve the double take Tony gives him as he walks in the room.
He wanted to shake Tony, crawl inside him and make him stop hurting himself and hurting the team with all his stupid bullshit. They were tired and covered in smoke and ash and bits of rubble. This was going to happen again and again until Steve ended up in a scene just like this one, except he’d be cradling Tony’s dead body instead of feeling for broken bones.
The reasons not to join the Avengers were many and varied. The problem was that when Captain America smiled at him, Tony had trouble remembering what they were.
Steve Rogers is a capable leader, a kind and cheerful man, a good friend, a strong role model, and a loyal soldier. He’s also teetering on the edge of suicide.
(Gives you all the Steve feels without overwhelming you with reacting to the PTSD/suicide issues.)
After contracting an Asgardian virus, Tony starts forgetting things. And people. And Steve.
Steve is in a motorcycle accident, Tony catches a cold, and someone may be after the New Avengers.
Written for a prompt over at avengerkink: Tony decides that, with his reputation, there’s only one best way to show Steve he’s serious about their budding relationship. Buy the Dodgers and move them back to Brooklyn for him.
- basedgrapes likes this
- the-heart-of-the-sun likes this
- shippingandothercraziness reblogged this from marvel-slash-fic-recs
- ruby-phoenix likes this
- itsposeytime likes this
- jeffreedahma likes this
- flowersmaywilt likes this
- renleigh likes this
- fightyourdragon likes this
- oneslasher likes this
- evil-sasha likes this
- semi-sweet likes this
- courtneylovedcobain likes this
- zimyee likes this
- rarebell likes this
- holyspidermanripoffs likes this
- tasharoma likes this
- diabeticwitchbrother likes this
- deadpizzasociety likes this
- kimbalionheart likes this
- theolddemon likes this
- inthedarkbeforethedawn likes this
- pervy-demigod likes this
- trust-me-im-the-deadpool likes this
- adelice-long reblogged this from slash-fic-recs
- phdcloaca likes this
- take-the-midnight-train likes this
- decaffeinated-zombie likes this
- dannyrandy reblogged this from tastyrepulsorboots
- coffeejunkii likes this
- lostballoon likes this
- wincesstiel likes this
- dotdotcame3 likes this
- anevianbottlefellout likes this
- cutloosemcgoose reblogged this from tastyrepulsorboots
- sometimesiwonderif likes this
- storm-saxon likes this
- elisa-t likes this
- thatsweetpotato likes this
- lucime reblogged this from tastyrepulsorboots and added:
- petersassybritcheshale likes this
- braveandkindofrighteous likes this
- juliettbravo likes this
- lucy-in-the-soup-with-croutons likes this
- creativesparksfly likes this
- thereisloveintheworld reblogged this from tastyrepulsorboots
- hannibaka likes this
- tastyrepulsorboots reblogged this from marvel-slash-fic-recs
- tastyrepulsorboots likes this
- forever-sterek likes this